Friday 23 September 2011

Painting: The third Forest Troll is finished!

Haven't been able to post much this week, but now at least my third Forest Troll is finished! It's based on a old River troll, don't have any more Stone trolls at the moment and they are pretty hard to get now, only seen them on Ebay and the Games Workshop website.

So I'm waiting a little before I buy more of them but the plan is to have at least six of them in a unit. Anyway, here's some pictures.





It turned out pretty nice in the end, I had my doubt's of it looking as the rest but I think with the green stuff work they look quite similar. But when I buy more and paint more it will be Stone Trolls, they where easier to paint, but now I have one more unique looking troll in this unit.

What I will do next is a little fuzzy, it stands between a number of things. Painting more S. Orcs, more Night Gobbos, the old Wurzagh model, more Chaos Warriors or something completely different. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. The color scheme and the hair on the trolls reminds me of a children's book I had when I was very young, but I can't remember the title.

    Great looking unit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx guys.

    @Alex Dunno what book it could be, but one of the things that inspired me for these trolls was illustrations by the Swedish illustrator John Bauer, and his work is usually found in fairy tale books.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bauer_%28illustrator%29

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...